Starptautiskais tūrisma filmu festivāls
International Tourism Film Festival
The International Film Festival „Tourfilm-Riga 2019” regulations
1. The International Film Festival „Tourfilm-Riga 2019” organized by Riga City Council will take a place in Riga on 24th of May, 2019.
2. The aim of event is:
- to show and judge audio-visual products - tourism films;
- to promote Riga.
3. Festival audience:
- Tourism professionals to gain experience, learning about trends in the area of tourism film industry;
- Stakeholders to gain visual information about the potential tourism destinations in Latvia and abroad.
4. The competition includes 8 categories:
- Tourism Destination - City
- Tourism Destination - Region
- Tourism Destination - Country
- Tourism Products (Cultural tourism; Rural tourism & agritourism; Health & Wellness tourism; Gastronomy tourism; Religious tourism; Shopping tourism; Cruise tourism; MICE, incentives, congresses and events; Medical tourism; Enotourism)
- Tourism Services (Hotels & Resorts; Restaurants; Tourism entertainment; Tour operators and agencies; Transports - car rental; Sightseeing; Other tourism services (e.g., tour guiding, etc.)
- Eco Tourism (Volunteering Holidays; Wilderness Adventures; Alternative Transportation; Wildlife Observation; Personal Growth Trips; National parks; Community-based tourism)
- Adventure Tourism (Sailing; Sea sports; Trekking; Hiking; Skiing; Extreme Sports; Diving; Golf; Sport Events; Bicycle Touring; Outdoor Activities)
- Latvian Tourism Product.
5. The following productions are accepted: commercials, promotionals and documentaries:
- The film must present tourism product or the determined city, region or state as a tourism destination;
- Film that is not older than three years;
- The film must be not longer than 30 minutes;
- The film must be in the excellent technical condition.
6. Application form must be submitted out online in the web page of the festival www.tourfilmriga.lv. Personal data will not be disclosed or transferred to 3rd parties.
7. Closing date for entries - 5th of March 2019.
8. Film must be submitted
- a film-file must be uploaded on the ftp server (address: ftp://ftp.tourfilm.riga.lv:55506 user: rtkic, password: Nukbauch9 ), or should be sent us using any online file transfer service, such as WeTransfer. Recommended file format - MP4, resolution - 1080p.
- a link to the film that is uploaded on one of video-sharing websites (Youtube or Vimeo) should be included in the Application form.
9. Films are demonstrated and judged as well as Application of film is accepted without the charge.
10. Signing the Application Inquiry Form and submitting the film, the Applicant is responsible for the content of registered film and for observing copyrights, as well as agrees on screening the film during the Show free of charge and agrees that the film will be posted on the Festival web page.
11. The Board of festival has rights not to include in the festival those films and clips which content, or the technical quality does not conform to Regulations of the festival.
12. The film is judged by a professional international jury according to the following criteria (1-10):
- Impact - what you feel when you first view the Entry. Does the video evoke an emotion from the viewer? Does the video engage you from the onset or does it lose momentum?
- Creativity - how the Entrant was able to convey their idea, message or thought in an original and imaginative way through their lens, narrative, performance, etc.
- Style - how the Entrant is able to showcase their personal originality and technique to influence how the video is presented and interpreted.
- Subject Matter - was the subject matter addressed in the narrative, performance and music (if applicable) in the video appropriately represent the Sponsor’s promotional theme?
- Storytelling - how the Entrant is able to let their Video Entry evoke the viewer’s imagination, which may differ by each viewer. Is the story being told the right story for the Sponsor and their brand?
13. According to assessment, the jury awards:
- The main award - Grand Prix;
- Award in each of the nominations;
- Award of jury.
14. Festival's official language is Latvian and English.