Starptautiskais tūrisma filmu festivāls
International Tourism Film Festival
The International Tourism Film Festival „Tourfilm-Riga 2019” regulations
1. The International Tourism Film Festival "Tourfilm Riga 2019" organized by the Riga City Council will be held in Riga on 24th of May, 2019.
2. The aim of the event is
- to show and judge audio-visual products - tourism films;
- to promote Riga.
3. Festival audience:
- tourism professionals to gain experience, learning about trends in the area of tourism film industry;
- stakeholders to gain visual information about the potential tourism destinations in Latvia and abroad.
4. The competition includes 8 categories:
- Tourism Destination - City
- Tourism Destination - Region
- Tourism Destination - Country
- Tourism Products (Cultural tourism; Rural tourism & agritourism; Health & Wellness tourism; Gastronomy tourism; Religious tourism; Shopping tourism; Cruise tourism; MICE, incentives, congresses and events; Medical tourism; Enotourism)
- Tourism Services (Hotels & Resorts; Restaurants; Tourism entertainment; Tour operators and agencies; Transports - car rental; Sightseeing; Other tourism services (e.g., tour guiding, etc.)
- Eco Tourism (Volunteering Holidays; Wilderness Adventures; Alternative Transportation; Wildlife Observation; Personal Growth Trips; National parks; Community-based tourism)
- Adventure Tourism (Sailing; Sea sports; Trekking; Hiking; Skiing; Extreme Sports; Diving; Golf; Sport Events; Bicycle Touring; Outdoor Activities)
- Latvian Tourism Product.
5. The following productions are accepted: commercials, promotional videos and documentaries.
The film must:
The film must:
- present tourism product or the determined city, region or state as a tourism destination;
- not be older than three years;
- be no longer than 30 minutes;
- be in an excellent technical condition.
6. The Application Form must be filled in and submitted online on the web page of the Festival www.tourfilmriga.lv. Personal data will not be disclosed or transferred to 3rd parties.
7. Closing date for entries - 5th of March 2019.
8. Film must be submitted
- a link to the film that is uploaded on one of the video-sharing websites (Youtube or Vimeo) should be included in the Application Form;
- upon request of the Festival Board a film-file should be submitted using any online file transfer service, such as WeTransfer, etc. (recommended file format - MP4, resolution - 1080p), or uploaded on the ftp server address: ftp://ftp.tourfilm.riga.lv:55506 user: rtkic, password: Nukbauch9
9. Throughout the process of the Festival all the submitted films are accepted, judged and demonstrated free of charge.
10. By signing the Application Form and submitting the film, the Applicant takes responsibility for the content of registered film and for observing copyrights, as well as agrees on screening the film during the Show free of charge and agrees that the film will be posted on the Festival web page.
11. The Festival Board has the rights to not include those films and clips in the Festival which content or the technical quality does not conform to Regulations of the festival.
12. The film is judged by a professional international jury according to the following criteria (1-10):
- Impact - what you feel when you first view the Entry. Does the video evoke an emotion from the viewer? Does the video engage you from the onset or does it lose momentum?
- Creativity - how the Entrant was able to convey their idea, message or thought in an original and imaginative way through their lens, narrative, performance, etc.
- Style - how the Entrant is able to showcase their personal originality and technique to influence how the video is presented and interpreted.
- Subject Matter - was the subject matter addressed in the narrative, performance and music (if applicable) in the video appropriately represent the Sponsor’s promotional theme?
- Storytelling - how the Entrant is able to let their Video Entry evoke the viewer’s imagination, which may differ by each viewer. Is the story being told the right story for the Sponsor and their brand?
13. According to the assessment, the Jury awards
- The main award - Grand Prix;
- Award in each of the nominations;
- Award of the Jury.
14. Festival's official language is Latvian and English.